My machine has broken down and I have been forced to take it to get fixed. Yes I have taken it for a serivce when it suits me, but my trusty little Janome has never broken down before. Technically it has not actually broken down, it just started sewing on its own or when I was sewing going at triple speed. Neither of which are overly safe behaviours and required lots and lots of unpicking, until I finally gave in and deemed it unusable.
This journal cover was the last thing I sewed with it before declaring defeat. So please don't look to closely, as the stitching is a bit interesting in places.
I got the idea from Rachel Hauser's blog stitched in color and used Jennifer Paganelli's covered journal tutorial. This was a birthday gift for a lovely lady I have meet here in Basel. I wanted to get her something special but was really strugging with ideas. Hopefully the journal will be well used and the cover well loved.
The grey is Kona cotton in coal and the prints are from a charm pack of Malka Dubrawsky's first line of fabric, a stitch in color.
I really enjoyed making this journal cover (despite crazy machine behaviours!) and even bought myself a diary that I hope to make a cover for when my machine is back in working order........